UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756793  
Subject: Re: Sandbagged, but not upset Date: 12/6/2012 2:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
If there are any uber libs in the group they've made a tactical error in not volunteering before I did. Liberal indoctrination will NOT be on the agenda as long as I'm in charge of the agenda. Cleaning up a park is one thing, but praying to Mother Earf won't be part of it. These kids want to have fun, not be told that they're killing the planet, meat is murder, guns are evil, etc. You can learn to respect the natural environment without having to be told that the Internal Combustion Engine is the devil (ala High Priest AlGore). I put my kid in Cub Scouts to get him AWAY from all that stuff, like hell I'll be helping instill any of it!

Man, I tell you....scouts was the best thing for me when I was in elementary school and JH. My dad did not give a squat about me and spent zero time with me. In fact the only time I was with him was painful, physically and mentally.

So scouts was the 1st time I was involved with men who were effective leaders, good role models and who just flat out cared. The camping trips, the merit badge mentoring are imbedded into my memory in a very postive, special way.

I remember the 1st week long summer camp. I learned to ride a horse, canoe, shoot a bow, shoot a .22 rifle and many survival skills. It was a blast.

Unfortunately by HS in my small town, the interest dwindled down to nothing and the program was nonexistant at that level. Nobody was going to drive me to the next town so I could work on becoming an Eagle Scout, which had great interest for me.

But what I did, I'll have forever and I really believe it was the scouts that gave me the work ethic and displine to move positively on towards life instead of getting into trouble because of my crappy homelife.

For the homosexuals, feminists and athiests out there that have a problem with the scouts, you need to really think about what you are apposing. There are probably millions of men with similiar experiences since scouting began early in the 20th century.

decath
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement