UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 459258  
Subject: Re: If True, this Would Suck Date: 2/2/2013 8:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
If True, this Would Suck

Bill

Perhaps, but I would rather have these fellows handling one of my pensions than just giving it to the politicians or a for profit bank or investment firm to play with?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Pension_Plan#CPP_Investm...

Under the direction of then Finance Minister Paul Martin, the CPP Investment Board (CPPIB) was created in 1997 as an organization independent of the government to monitor and invest the funds held by the CPP. In turn, the CPP Investment Board created the CPP Reserve Fund. The CPP Investment Board is a crown corporation created by an Act of Parliament. It reports quarterly on its performance, has a professional management team to oversee the operation of various aspects of the CPP reserve fund and also to plan changes in direction, and a board of directors that is accountable to but independent from the federal government.

They actually haven't done too bad though I confess I haven't done a lot of research on them.

http://www.cppib.ca/

I had some personal issues with the whole Canada Pension Plan as I started paying into my military pension plan in 1964 then started paying into both when CPP was implemented in 1966. The government decided around 1972 that the outcome would be too generous and changed the rules so the effective when I turned 65 they would reduce my military pension by a percentage of what CPP was adding to the mix.

Any <here for the beer> mouse
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement