UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: khalou Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 23781  
Subject: Re: I know you guys will appreciate this Date: 11/23/2013 2:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
If you are a libertarian because of hating both parties as opposed to noticing that freedom is more important to you than being oppressed, I can guarantee you will not follow me anywhere. \

I am a libertarian because I do not believe in government intervention with regard to personal choices that do not infringe on the rights of others. I, therefore, cannot side with either conservatives or liberals who each have agendas that include condemnation for actions that do not infringe on the rights of others.

If you have not noticed the attack on the views of old white men, and the unmistakable focus on ragging on that group in general you are simply not paying attention to reality and would be a lousy libertarian.

And I propose that, while you are easily shown to be aware of the attacks by liberals on this front, you seem to be blind to the attacks by conservatives on this same front. There must be an explanation to this, and I don't pretend to know for sure what it is, but it SEEMS to be that you are really a conservative in libertarian clothing.

The response you included here? It indicates to me, you can not look at anything except through a liberal focus autoamtically wanting to attack because something liberal is seen as harmful, by demanding that both sides are bad, when nothing supportive of conservatives was mentioned leaves me to feel you are FOS

My argument that liberals are being unjustly accused here is only based on the fact that only liberals are attacked here. Conservatives have an equal number of positions that are anti libertarian as liberals. Care to challenge this fact?

Having read many of your posts over the years confirms this of course.

I'm amazed by this statement. Liberal boards hate me equally as well as conservative boards. No surprise there- I don't agree with them.

You may be an I like drugs I am a libertarian. I know numerous liberals who fill that void.

You can tell me you do the lesser of two evils. But then do not urinate me and tell me it is raining that you support Dems because they are the lesser of two evils, and you do support Dems

I support whichever side leans against whichever side is the most popular at the time. Currently, it is enormously popular to hate liberals. This sentiment is harmful to the libertarian philosophy. It promotes conservative anti-libertarian ideals. If the liberals ever gain popularity, then I'll be arguing with them about the libertarian middle ground and they'll see me as a conservative phony.

I do not mind criticism for supporting Republicans often from an actual libertarian, nor do I mind criticism that I support conservatism as it is thousands of miles closed to libertarian than liberalism

I believe in personal liberty. I believe that the government should only act when one of the following is required-

Establish justice
Insure domestic tranquility
Provide for the common defense
Promote the general welfare
Secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity

Based on this, I will hang my hat. Will you?

Criticism from an actual libertarian I understand IMO you are a phony.

So you have a different definition to what the federal government should be doing?

My apologies for actually reading your post I typically ploink absurd liberal phonies, i unploinked you for a peak, as they say my bad.

Ploink me again then. You don't seem to be all that interested in dialogue regarding a libertarian view if it differs from your own.

k
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement