UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DBAVelvet74 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 469  
Subject: If you are going to post movie/book spoilers... Date: 5/20/2006 12:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
...please leave spoiler space, or mention it in the subject line.

I've not yet read it and won't be able to watch it for a while.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Larry01Gott Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 429 of 469
Subject: Re: If you are going to post movie/book spoilers Date: 5/20/2006 9:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Velvet, you should DEFINITELY read the book before you see the movie.
And then, maybe you'll decide not to see the movie.

The book will be TOTALLY spoiled for you if you see the movie first, and the book is far better.

Just remember that it is fiction, and when you read an audaciously surprising claim, just keep saying to yourself "It is Fiction"!
Many seem to have forgotten that in the quest for the latest new angle.

Larry

Author: DBAVelvet74 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 451 of 469
Subject: Re: If you are going to post movie/book spoilers Date: 5/28/2006 8:11 PM
Recommendations: 0
Velvet, you should DEFINITELY read the book before you see the movie.

I did. I can't say I really liked his writing style, but I loved the puzzle and story line.

Knowing the cast, I did have the actors in mind as I read so I didn't really have any issues with them not looking like I thought.

I did enjoy the movie. I liked that the ending was slightly different even though I liked the book ending better. Knowing there would be a difference at least let me be surprised. I didn't know exactly what was going to happen.

Author: TMFBostnbirdy Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 454 of 469
Subject: Re: If you are going to post movie/book spoilers Date: 5/30/2006 10:03 AM
Recommendations: 1
I did enjoy the movie. I liked that the ending was slightly different even though I liked the book ending better. Knowing there would be a difference at least let me be surprised. I didn't know exactly what was going to happen.

>>>>>>>>>>>>I don't think my post requires spoiler space, but I'm putting it just in case<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I saw it this weekend, finally...

As a movie, it was definitely entertaining, but as an adaptation of a best seller, it annoyed me a little. I can see your point about the ending, but they changed so many little things throughout the movie that didn't need to be changed. The beginning especially bothered me because it practically gives him an alibi, whereas the book leaves no question about him being alone.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement