Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: wrnglrjan Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 30433  
Subject: Re: Questions Date: 3/17/2003 7:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If you are hungry, that probably means you are not eating enough FAT. Don't be afraid of good, natural fats.

I'm not afraid of them, I just don't always like them. I cut the big fat chunks off my steak, not because I'm some panic-stricken no-fat-eater, but because I think the texture is gross. The idea of drinking straight cream, or eating pork rinds (aren't those things deep-fried? are we not trying to avoid trans-fats anymore?) just sounds horrible to me. Trust me when I say this is not because I'm holding onto an idea that fat is bad for me - it just sounds gross. Two percent milk gags me.

I do love cheese, though I prefer mozzarella to the really greasy ones. And the Protein Power book makes it sound like you should stay away from too much cheese, anyway.

Are there some fattier meats I could choose? We've eaten ham, because we like it, and chicken, because we already had some and fish, for variety.

Did I mention I don't like veggies much? I was assured they weren't an essential part of the program, but it sounds like that's where many of you get your variety from.

Try some lamb, some different kinds of fish, some gourmet sausages (not breakfast links - those are way too salty), heck, even a Cornish game hen or ostrich or venison!

Hmm ... these all sound even more expensive. I guess I can learn to live with bored if it means not pushing my grocery budget up over my rent budget. :)

I have found plenty of recipes in my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook that are naturally low-carb.

I have this cookbook - I'll take a look. Thanks.

Jan
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement