Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
If you derive income through investments in a country other than your own, that income is subject to taxation in the country of the investment because that's where the income is actually realized.

Oh. I did not know that. But then again between the RRSPs, RESPs, and TFSAs I don't do any after-tax investing (well, aside from the TFSA). But good to know, thanks.

Print the post  


The Great Foolish North
Canadian social and off-topic banter.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.