Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
If you did your return with purchased software TT will prepare the amended return for you, but you cannot e-file it. If you used their free online version, I doubt you can do the amended return through it, but it won't hurt to check. If not, download the form and instructions from the IRS site.

Just to clarify one point. The inability to efile your amended return is not a limitation of TurboTax, it's an IRS requirement that all amended returns be filed on paper.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.