Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: k1ngmOb Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35906  
Subject: Re: Ingress (Android) Date: 1/25/2013 12:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If you feel there is a lack of portals in your local area, you can still get out, turn on the GPS on your camera, and submit some new areas to the folks over at Niantic.

Here's a how-to link to the portal submissions guidelines:
http://support.google.com/ingress/answer/2808254?hl=en&r...

And upon waking up this morning and logging into the Intel Map local chat I noticed that at least 3 or 4 fresh new portals had popped up out of nowhere overnight. Pretty cool.

And if you haven't checked out the Ingress Intel Map, it's a must for strategic planning before you head out so you're not walking around blindly... http://www.ingress.com/intel

Where I am, the Vancouver area is pretty much controlled by the Resistance, so as a level 1 Enlightened player, I feel your pain, as I have yet to overtake any portals near me. All I can really do is hack and try to farm whatever drops from the hack, as that's the only way to gain any AP exp points for now. I don't worry about defensive shields draining me of XM exotic matter, as it's pretty easy to regain.

But then again, those new portals are still fresh and barely have any defences on them. One of them has just one level 1 resonator, so it might be worth the trip if I can it there during my morning coffee.

Actually, I might do that right now. :-D

Keith...

PS- Check out this youtube video. It's an Ingress player who is trying to give an overview of some gameplay on location (and learning as he's do so). The best part of the video is near the end when he discovers that he's not alone (real life PvP?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

TV Gaming Help?
Try the Help With This Home Theater board, and problem solved.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement