Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
If you had a Roth last year when your income was less, you get to keep it.
If you already made a Roth contribution for 2001 and now realize your income will be too high, you get your trustee to help you. You need to "recharacterize" the 2001 contribution.
Thus, you would end up with both a Roth and a non-deductible traditional IRA.
Best wishes, Chris
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.