No. of Recommendations: 0
If you have earned income, you should be able to make a $2K contribution to a Roth IRA--regardless of any other plans you participate in.

Nothing can be done about taxes on that $8K, but you could put $2K into a tax deductible IRA next year to reduce the bite somewhat. By working in January you have earned income in 2001, and should be eligible.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.