Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
If you make the payment through EFTPS you don't need to mail a 1040-ES. EFTPS doesn't have the best user interface I've seen, but you should be able to figure it out once you have your PIN. Just remember that you're making an estimated tax payment for 2012.

Phil's last statement can't be emphasized enough. If you mistkenly enter the payment as a 2013 estimated payment, there is no way to move it back to 2012. It's against IRS rules.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.