No. of Recommendations: 1
If you meet the qualifications, you can convert some or all of your Traditional IRA to Roth.

See IRS Publication 590: Individual Retirement Arrangements

This is the relevent exerpt from Publication 590 (page 27):

Converting From Any Traditional IRA Into a Roth IRA

You can convert amounts from a traditional IRA into a Roth IRA if,
for the tax year you make the withdrawal from the traditional IRA,
both of the following requirements are met.

1) Your modified AGI for Roth IRA purposes (explained
in chapter 2) is not more than $100,000.

2) You are not a married individual filing a separate

Note. If you did not live with your spouse at any time during the
year and you file a separate return, your filing status, for this
purpose, is single.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.