Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: sonar69 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 36696  
Subject: Re: Tell me if I'm crazy, Date: 6/26/2001 3:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1

If you must trade with real $$$, know this, Trading is a loosing game - you will lose
money, the thing that will make you money is limiting your losses/protecting your profit.
Treat every trade as though it is with the last dollar you have and your chances of success
at trading should improve. Above all else, the number 1 rule to live and die by is, Protect
your capitol.

Protect profits and LIMIT losses...no matter what. These two rules alone would have save most of my losses in 1999 and 2000 when I followed LTBH.

I spend probably 20 hours a week reading books, message boards, and visiting other web sights. Have been for 2 years now and wish I had more time. Study, study, study.

I like stocks $5.00 to $40.00 and mostly trade QQQ. I think QQQ are an excellent way to start if you are short term. I like lower priced stocks because a $1.00 move is good money if you have 100 to 500 shares. Trading with $2000, $100.00 profit a month is 5%. 5% is huge in my book. I have averaged %8 a month since I started "trading" a few months ago. Mostly I look for strong short term trends in QQQ. Remember commissions. The lower amount you trade with, the higher % commissions are in relation to your profits. I gave up trying to hit home runs every day. Small gains each week that are higher than the bad trades are great. No one ever went broke taking profits. Winning the game is more important than hitting a home run.

In long HDWR $11.30 today. Thinking of getting out at $11.80 or so. Seems stuck here. Short HOMS $ 33.99 today. Going nowhere. I think I will be out by market close. Too iffy tomorrow.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement