Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
If you took a Lump Sum distribution of your retirement account in 1999, check if you can do 5 year averaging(1999 is the last year it can be done). Also, if you meet certain requirements you can pay estimated taxes for 2000 based on 100% of your 1999 taxes.(This is advantageous if you think that your 2000 taxes will be higher than 1999). There will be no penalty no matter what the balance due is on 4/15/2001. It is a good idea to check ASAP with a good tax advisor.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.