Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
If you want to get an IRS opinion, try their email tax law question service.

My understanding is even if you do not receive a guaranteed salary from the partnership, you can take the Form 2106 deduction, which becomes part of the miscellaneous deductions on Sch A.

If it is part of your partnership agreement that you will be reimbursed, then there is no deduction allowed as those expenses will be part of an accountable plan and deductible by the partnerhsip when reimbursed.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.