UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JiminyBillyBob Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 100  
Subject: If you were QCOR management.... Date: 1/13/2013 9:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
So I've been thinking over the weekend what Questcor's plans are for the future. They have repeatedly said that they are not looking for another drug and just want to continue to focus on Acthar and its 19 indications.

I personally think Questcor management as astute. They have made all the right decisions to take Acthar to near blockbuster status and have made a ton of money for shareholders along the way.

So they are kind of at a cross-roads here. Acthar has taken the company beyond, and now, management has tons of cash to draw upon. If you were management, what would you do?

Some ideas:

- Take Acthar international
- Partner with a major drug company
- Develop or buy another drug/company (although management has said they have no plans for this)

I'm fairly excited to see what management will do. The stock is down since the JP Morgan Healthcare conference probably because the company did not offer any hints or provide additional information on scripts other than they are greater than last quarter...which is good news, but analysts were hoping for more information.

Carl
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement