No. of Recommendations: 1
If your adjusted gross income is less than $150000 a year for married, filing jointly, you are allowed a Roth IRA.
If your income is too great for a traditional IRA to be tax deductible, the Roth makes all kinds of sense because you do not pay tax on the capital gains.
If you are in an even higher income range, then the non-deductible traditional IRA is all you have available. In that case it still lets you defer tax on the earnings and is better than nothing.
Best wishes, Chris
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.