No. of Recommendations: 0
If your DRIP has a sell plan, then you can usually call the transfer agent and if you call before 10:00 in NY, then they can sell them by close of the day, otherwise close of the next. Some tranfer agents charge a nominal fee for this.

If you are concerned, get them issued to you ASAP; You can still use them for the DRIP. Some brokers will allow you to sell a security without having the shares on deposit, as long as you meet the settlement deadline.


Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.