UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Crosenfield Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76419  
Subject: Re: 403b and Roth IRA Date: 5/10/2000 3:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If your employer matches any part of your 403b money, be sure you contribute enough to get the maximum.
You can also have a Roth if your adjusted gross income is less than $150000, married. You can contribute $2000 a year to the Roth independent of what you do with the 403b.
If your Roth is with a mutual fund company, you will likely put mutual funds in it. If you go that way, Vanguard is a good choice, Janus is another. If you go with a discount broker, you might choose the Foolish Four. Only problem is that $2000 divided among 4 stocks can be a significant amount of trading costs. My suggestion would be to start with one of the Vanguard index funds, and after the account has grown to $10000 or so, switch to individual stocks.
Best wishes, Chris
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.