Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: esxokm Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49597  
Subject: Iger's response to Markey Date: 2/4/2013 11:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I know I'll probably be in the minority here, probably a minority of one, but I was disappointed by our CEO's angry response to the letter over that wrist-band thing. The congressman who initiated the concern over privacy didn't seem too out of line; indeed, in this day and age, there probably should be an overabundance of caution vis a vis privacy issues.

What got me most was Iger's insulting tone, especially his assertion that the congressman and staff could easily have gotten all the answers they wanted via public information. If a congressman or a judge or anyone like that is concerned about something, then the only responsible thing to do is to check directly with the source...you can't rely on what's beenw written as it could be erroneous. That's the procedure. If Markey had taken something out of context that was in the public information, then he would have been told by Iger that he should have been courteous enough to check with Disney before being irresponsible.

But Iger essentially stated in his letter that no one has the right to question Disney. Again, I have to use the word disappointed...I don't think there was anything wrong with Markey's conern (although his letter probably was a bit strong, too). Iger usually has a cool demeanor; I thought this was out of character for him. Then again, you have to wonder what his temperament is actually like behind the scenes.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement