UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: WuLong Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977346  
Subject: IL Concealed Carry Date: 2/22/2013 12:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
A divided federal appeals court today rejected Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s request for a rehearing on the case where the state has been ordered to allow citizens to carry guns in public... She could choose to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court or decide to let the ruling stand.
...The arguments made in the dissent, written by Judge David Hamilton, could bolster Madigan’s cause if she appeals to the nation’s high court.
“The Supreme Court has not yet decided whether .. the individual right to keep and bear arms at home under the Second Amendment extends beyond the home,” Hamilton wrote.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-concea...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861680 of 1977346
Subject: Re: IL Concealed Carry Date: 2/22/2013 2:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
There is no constitutional right to a gun. Never has been. Proof? The NRA does NOT give out guns to anyone free of charge just because they are promoting the "right" to own a gun.

Plus, there is no legal authority to require people to prove they own a gun--as in Kennesaw, GA.

Author: 10talents Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861792 of 1977346
Subject: Re: IL Concealed Carry Date: 2/23/2013 12:57 PM
You have the right to free exercise of religion, does that mean Focus on the Family should assign you to a church?

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861895 of 1977346
Subject: Re: IL Concealed Carry Date: 2/23/2013 6:09 PM
Plus, there is no legal authority to require people to prove they own a gun--as in Kennesaw, GA.

That bring up an intersting question.

If the government can mandate that everyone buys health insurance, why can't the government mandate that everyone buy a gun?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement