Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JustBarmin Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 51262  
Subject: I'll Be Damned Date: 10/1/2012 10:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The Washington Nationals are NL East Champs.

This is going to be the best October I have ever had.

Curt

Go Nats!!!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: philkessel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47761 of 51262
Subject: Re: I'll Be Damned Date: 10/2/2012 7:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Curtis, did you catch MLB Network after Nats clinched title when they interviewed Stephen Strasburg???

Howard Reynolds and Mitch Williams tried to pin him down about if Nats shut him down to save him for playoffs...he laughed and said he was taking BP...

You have to take a look after regular season ends and teams set their post season rosters...why would Nats waste a roster spot on a pitcher who can't pitch to maybe pinch hit???

Author: JustBarmin Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47764 of 51262
Subject: Re: I'll Be Damned Date: 10/2/2012 1:27 PM
I have no idea if he will be on the post season roster or not. He is a decent hitter, batting .277 with 47 AB's. That is fine for a pitcher but I think you would want someone more specialized or have that BA after a few hundred AB's.

The only reason you would keep him on the roster is to possibly pitch, but that seems highly unlikely. I can't imagine they would use the spot just to keep him a part of the team.

I think they will leave him off the roster for the post season.

Curt

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement