TSLA

I’ll jump in to back up what mauser says. I’ve owned a Model S for 19 months. The car is superb, the customer service is phenomenal (here in NJ they offer a free shuttle service to Newark Airport for all owners, while you leave your car with them and they check it over, do needed maintenance, wash it) and then they pick you up on your return trip at the airport - shuttle service all in a Model S. No airport parking charges, no charge for the service, just tip the driver. Another Model S owner told me yesterday that there is a commercial pilot who flies out of Newark and owns a Model S and this is how he gets to the airport every day.

My wife and I did a cross country trip this summer in the Model S - we traveled 10,700 miles using the Supercharger network, all with no cost for fuel. We reckon it would have cost about $1,750 in gasoline charges for a comparable ICE vehicle.

I agree with Denny, that you are not buying TSLA for it’s earnings in the next year or two, but for what it might become in 5 - 10 years.

mauser and I vie for the top cheerleading spot on the SA Tesla board.

I am also long KNDI - thanks to Denny for all the great posts on that board.

I agree with mauser, if you haven’t driven a Model S, you are not going to get it. Also, don’t think of shorting if you haven’t driven the car.

Finally, the concerns about low gas prices impacting Tesla sales are misplaced IMO. No one is buying a Model S to save money. They are buying it for the car’s performance. Savings on gas are a perk, but not a necessity.

John

23 Likes