UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 741835  
Subject: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/8/2013 7:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
The Illinois House on Tuesday approved legislation allowing undocumented immigrants to obtain temporary driver's licenses.

The bill was OK'd by a vote of 65-46 and now heads to Gov. Pat Quinn's desk for approval.

Under the plan, drivers would get three-year licenses, called Temporary Visitor Driver’s Licenses, and would be required to take a driver's education class and carry car insurance. Lawmakers believe there are as many as 250,000 undocumented immigrants on Illinois roads and that more than 40 percent of deadly Illinois crashes involve drivers who don't have a license.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Illinois-House-App...

---

the main reason they don't have insurance is they don't have the money, and won't get insurance even after you give them 'freebie' drivers licenses......

they'll buy one down the corner for $25 along with a phony insurance card....

Maybe you should just confiscate their cars when they are stopped at traffic stops, or when they don't have plates on the car?

oh.....right...you are pandering to future leb dem voters? got it.....

and these are the folks who aren't paying IL state income tax either since they work off the books....

t.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665251 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/8/2013 7:37 PM
Recommendations: 0
A 9 billion backlog of bills and they're working on giving out licenses to illegals. This state is soooo friggin' ridiculous. I believe gun control is next up, can't let that crisis go to waste.

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665262 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/8/2013 8:28 PM
Recommendations: 3
The Illinois House on Tuesday approved legislation allowing undocumented immigrants to obtain temporary driver's licenses.

I don't have a problem with this... subject to a certain proviso. That the "undocumented immigrant" sign a statement:

"I hereby certify and acknowledge, under penalty of perjury, that I am in the United States unlawfully and subject to deportation at any time."

(And all such statements be forwarded to immigration authorities.)

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665370 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/9/2013 12:18 PM
Well, the number of fatal crashes involving drivers without licenses may drop a bit. It probably won't change the actual number of such crashes but I'm sure they'll claim victory if the ratio changes.

Author: MetalDecathlete Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665416 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/9/2013 2:52 PM
What part of 'illegal' do liberals not get?

Metal

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665423 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/9/2013 3:11 PM
What part of 'illegal' do liberals not get?

Metal

Oh, but "illegal" shouldn't be used. They are only "undocumented".

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665437 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/9/2013 4:28 PM
Oh, but "illegal" shouldn't be used. They are only "undocumented."

Explained thusly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cTiEPHexGs

Author: MetalDecathlete Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665442 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/9/2013 5:05 PM
Oh, but "illegal" shouldn't be used. They are only "undocumented."

Explained thusly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cTiEPHexGs

Wowser! Novoa is a complete dufus, not worthy to be on O'Reilly. Anybody that unprepared deserved to get embarrased.

The "I" word? Give me a break.

I completely understand not saying the F word about gays or the N word for blacks.

But the "I" word? That's a joke. I'll go to my grave calling illegal immigrants "Illegal". Nobody is going to stop me. There is nothing wrong with it.

The slang word for Hispanics around Texas is W...backs. A derogatory term meaning they got their backs wet while swimming the Rio Grande.

My MIL, a 'Legal' partial Mexican American says 'W...back' on occasion. She says she can do it because she is offended that they are given special status when her parents migrated from Spain and Mexico legally to the U.S.

Metal

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665443 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/9/2013 5:09 PM
The term was used officially by the US government in 1954, with Operation Wetback, a project which was a mass deportation of illegal Mexican nationals.

Let's bring back Operation Wetback 2.0--starting in California. ;-(

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665444 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/9/2013 5:12 PM
Recommendations: 2
How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico

President Eisenhower cut off this illegal traffic. He did it quickly and decisively with only 1,075 United States Border Patrol agents – less than one-tenth of today's force. The operation is still highly praised among veterans of the Border Patrol.

Although there is little to no record of this operation in Ike's official papers, one piece of historic evidence indicates how he felt. In 1951, Ike wrote a letter to Sen. William Fulbright (D) of Arkansas. The senator had just proposed that a special commission be created by Congress to examine unethical conduct by government officials who accepted gifts and favors in exchange for special treatment of private individuals.

General Eisenhower, who was gearing up for his run for the presidency, said "Amen" to Senator Fulbright's proposal. He then quoted a report in The New York Times, highlighting one paragraph that said: "The rise in illegal border-crossing by Mexican 'wetbacks' to a current rate of more than 1,000,000 cases a year has been accompanied by a curious relaxation in ethical standards extending all the way from the farmer-exploiters of this contraband labor to the highest levels of the Federal Government."

More at http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0706/p09s01-coop.html

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665446 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/9/2013 5:17 PM
Recommendations: 6
the main reason they don't have insurance is they don't have the money, and won't get insurance even after you give them 'freebie' drivers licenses ... they'll buy one down the corner for $25 along with a phony insurance card...

My son was moderately injured in an accident where the car was driven by an illegal Mexican with no insurance who ran a red light. Imagine my son's surprise when, shortly thereafter, he was notified by an attorney with a Mexican last name that his "client" planned to seek the full limits of my son's insurance policy. The illegal driver managed to find a "witness"--also Mexican--who would attest to my son's negligence.

We've gotta get illegals out of this country. They are masters at gaming the system.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665447 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/9/2013 5:19 PM
Recommendations: 5
My son was moderately injured in an accident where the car was driven by an illegal Mexican with no insurance who ran a red light. Imagine my son's surprise when, shortly thereafter, he was notified by an attorney with a Mexican last name that his "client" planned to seek the full limits of my son's insurance policy. The illegal driver managed to find a "witness"--also Mexican--who would attest to my son's negligence.

We've gotta get illegals out of this country. They are masters at gaming the system.
-----------------------------------------------------
I'm actually all for illegals suing libtards <g>.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665454 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/9/2013 6:20 PM
Recommendations: 2
I'm actually all for illegals suing libtards <g>.

I didn't think about that silver lining. ;-)

Author: MetalDecathlete Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665526 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/10/2013 9:59 AM

Yep. It's outragious and the limosime liberals that live in northern states don't give a damn about us in border states that are inundated with illegals that break the law and drain social services.

You would think CA would have enough of it. But they get worse every year. CA is history CC. I'd be thinking about moving plan within the next 5-10 years.

Hispanics are a great people, just like anyone can be. But the Hispanic liberal living off the rest of us is an obnoxious, horrible, entitlement minded idiot.

In Texas, when they act the way your son's collision opponent did, they get b!tched slapped down pretty good. There are still enough conservatives and freedom loving, law-abiding Hispanics in our state that find behavior like that abominal.

But I wonder how long that will last?

Metal

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665697 of 741835
Subject: Re: Illinois goes nutso on drivers licenses Date: 1/10/2013 10:51 PM
A 9 billion backlog of bills and they're working on giving out licenses to illegals. This state is soooo friggin' ridiculous. I believe gun control is next up, can't let that crisis go to waste.

Hey, licenses are $30 a pop in Illinois and they need the money. They even gave me a driver's license renewal last year even though I flunked the vision test.

Besides which, Chicago is a "sanctuary city".

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement