UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: nukejohn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 381  
Subject: I'm 45 and plan on ER in 2-3 years Date: 1/29/2001 5:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hi guys,

I'm 45 with a wife and two boys (12 and 16). I'm thinking of ER in the next 2-3 years, maybe sooner, depending upon some changes in my company ownership. I plan on spending a lot more time managing my investments, learning more about technical analysis, mechanical investing, and CANSLIM investing. I've played around with all three. My primary investment mode right now is LTBH with what I consider High Tech Rule Breaker stocks.

I have a portfolio of high tech stocks that I picked out and invested in on Dec 21st, 2000. I consider them my High Tech picks for 2001. If you are interested, I'll give you a link to see my picks. My goal is 100% appreciation in 2001. Tough goal, but you gotta shoot for something.

NukeJohn
Print the post Back To Top
Author: GekkoII Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 381
Subject: Re: I'm 45 and plan on ER in 2-3 years Date: 1/29/2001 5:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
NukeJohn,

If you are 45 and plan on retiring in 2-3 years, I consider you one of my personal heros and nominate you as a mentor for this board.

Would love to see the link to the stock picks.

Bouna Fortuna,

Gekko II

Author: nukejohn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13 of 381
Subject: Re: I'm 45 and plan on ER in 2-3 years Date: 1/29/2001 6:06 PM
Thanks Gekko,

I would love to help mentor this board, and share any investment insight I might have. One word of caution, do your own due diligence on any stocks I talk about, but I'll be happy to share with this board my stock picks, goals, ideas for retirement, etc.

NukeJohn

Author: GekkoII Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19 of 381
Subject: Re: I'm 45 and plan on ER in 2-3 years Date: 1/29/2001 6:18 PM
Everything I hear about money is taken with a grain of salt (and probably should be). Thanks for the help, you will add a lot to the board. -Gekko II

Author: MichaelCh Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 40 of 381
Subject: Re: I'm 45 and plan on ER in 2-3 years Date: 1/29/2001 10:34 PM
NukeJohn says:
My goal is 100% appreciation in 2001

I think that some people may achieve 100% appreciation once in a decade, but it's more a matter of luck then design. It isn't going to happen on demand or by plan. In some years, like 2000, most people are just trying to keep from losing. I'm afraid that if people deliberately try to achieve 100% appreciation, they will more likely end up as greeters at WalMart. Good luck anyway.

Author: nukejohn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42 of 381
Subject: Re: I'm 45 and plan on ER in 2-3 years Date: 1/29/2001 11:39 PM
In one month, I am up almost 30% my friend. Of course I specifically chose Dec 21st as what I thought was a market bottom using technical analysis. The key to getting big returns is getting in at the bootom of a bear market (which I'm still not sure I did). While I think the NASDAQ may see 4000 again this year, I believe the Dow may drop below 9000.

But I will post my purchase prices and we will see.

NukeJohn

Author: nukejohn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43 of 381
Subject: Re: I'm 45 and plan on ER in 2-3 years Date: 1/29/2001 11:41 PM
Oh and Michael,

I can assure you that my net worth is such that I or my children will never be greeters at Wal Mart.

NukeJohn

Author: GekkoII Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 67 of 381
Subject: Re: I'm 45 and plan on ER in 2-3 years Date: 1/30/2001 8:54 PM
YOU'VE GOT TO BELIEVE!!!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement