UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: aj485 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 77394  
Subject: Re: Paychex Securities Corporation Date: 10/23/2006 8:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I'm 72 and been out of the USA for two years on my return I see we had an Employee Distribution activity 15, May 2006 that pulled $12,000 out of the Plan. The way it was set up so far I'm unable to get any answers except that they will send me the forms to transfer out of Paychec and Fidelity which I would like to do.

If you are 72 now, and you have not been in contact with your 401(k) administrator for 2 years because you were out of the country, you need to find out if the Employee Distribution Activity was due to the administrator realizing that you needed to have a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) taken out. Those are supposed to start the year that you turn 70 1/2. If you do not take the RMD out, you will end up paying a big chunk of it to the IRS as a penalty.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Kiddie Card Board
Should kids have their own credit card?
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Berkshire's Golden Year
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.