No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm a dual-citizen (French/American). The US taxes you on your worldwide income for as long as you are a citizen. If you are not a US resident, I believe up to about $75k or $80k of foreign income can be exempted from taxes in general. There are tax specific tax treaties between the US and other countries to avoid some excessive double taxation for dual citizens. The IRS will have some information about it, as well as the embassy for the other country. That's where I would go first in your case. Contacting a specialized tax attorney before taking any action would probably be wise.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.