Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm all for strict compliance with the law. But don't even think of filing an amended return to report an additional $2.46 of income. It would cost the IRS more than that amount to process the return, so they definitely don't want to receive it. And they won't audit you for that amount. They might even think you're a tax protester trying to foul up their system by filing such a pointless amendment!

KAT in Chicagoland
Tax Guide for Investors
Includes the latest information on
Roth IRA technical corrections
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.