Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm an accounting student as well. I'll be graduating in either December (if I'm lucky) or May, and then it's out into the auditing world. So I'm largely here to ask questions of the real CPA's about getting hired, taking the test, etc.

Hi MJ ...

Just a point of clarification about the Uniform CPA Exam. Depending on the jurisdiction in which you intend to apply for a license, the 150-hour education requirement may be in effect. This means, in short, that you need a Master's degree before you can be licensed. Those states that currently do not have the 150-hour requirement will not have reciprocity with those who do. By 2009 (I think) ALL states will require 150-hours.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.