Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: buncherman206 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6773  
Subject: I'm an idiot. Date: 2/27/2012 11:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Here's what happened. I had and inappropriate conversation on Facebook with a woman I used to know. Ok, that happened, I cannot deny that. Time goes on and I change the pw on my eamil account. I did not know it at the time, but my wife's email account was linked somehow to my email account. When I changed my pw both me and her received email notices.

A few days go by and I try to log in to my email account. Wrong pw?!? What the heck? I try the new and old pws, but no dice. I try to open my FB, same thing. I'm freaking at this point. What the heck is going on? I try to change my email pw using another email address I had to come up with. They ask you some questions only you would know D.O.B., last email topics, old pw's etc. What I do notice though is 2 email accounts that will receive notices. I'm bewildered. what's going on? I never added any one elses email to my account. Why the heck would I? It doesn't make sense. Anyway I get access to my email account again, but only for the day. Same thing. Believe it or not I don't recognize her email address because they only showed the first letter then a bunch of stars then @gmail.com.

So now my email account and my FB account are highjacked. She changed the email address on my FB account so I have absolutely now hope of getting it back now. She confronted me today and I, of course had no defense. I confessed every thing. It's all I could do. There was no point in lying. I am a scumbag for chatting with that old acquaintence, that is clear. My questions to you are now what? If I received an email notice for some one else I'm sure I wouldn't have gone that far. No way. Confronting me was the right thing to do, but high jacking both accounts? Am I wrong here? Is right? Please help me. Let me know what you guys think.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement