Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JPLenny Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 86527  
Subject: I'm Back Date: 10/20/1999 8:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Well,

After 3 1/2 weeks in Hawaii, I'm finally back in Japan. I flew in late last week and I've finally got back to my regular schedule...and cold weather. It good to be home and back reading at Fool.com.

BTW: October is gun awareness month at Narita Airport. They had big banner displaying this at customs. I thought this was kind of funny since guns are illegal in Japan

Lenny

Still in Japan :-)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4796 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/20/1999 8:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Welcome back, Lenny! I hope the Hawaiian sun was good to you (he said, jealously!).

Will you be watching the World Series from Japan? I'm guessing they carry it there, but I might be...dropping the ball on that one. ;)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: DanShep Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4797 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/20/1999 8:51 PM
Will you be watching the World Series from Japan?

Just be sure to practice safe sox.

Disney Dan
(Did I say that?)

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4798 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/20/1999 8:55 PM
Just be sure to practice safe sox

Hmmm...safe sox.

Perhaps that's where Dr. Scholls pads come in.

You know, for the agony of da feet.

(now that's a pun with sole!)

...wasn't that a heel of a thing to say?

...I think they're sole-d at Mickey D's, the Golden Arches.

Tony (who's trying to get all the foot puns out of the way at once)
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: JPLenny Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4799 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/20/1999 9:06 PM
Will you be watching the World Series from Japan? I'm guessing they carry it there, but I might be...dropping the ball on that one. ;)

I've got quite the yen for baseball!

All joking aside, I can get most of the baseball games
here in Japan. Usally they are on around 6:00am in the
morning (for a 5:oopm EDT start).

Of coarse football is even better. Getting up at 2:00am Monday for NFL shows what kind of fan you really are!

Monday night games are on at 10:00am Tuesday...makes for a perferct long lunch.

Lenny
Tax-free in Japan

Author: JPLenny Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4800 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/20/1999 9:11 PM

I would, but unfortunatly my team suffers a disfuction known as premature elimination. They have trouble scoring when it is time to perform.

Lenny

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4801 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/20/1999 9:14 PM
Ohayo Gozaimasu, Lenny!

I know I botched up the spelling, but I'm hoping I impressed you anyway.

Konichua! Oops! there I go again.

Now what was my point? Oh yeah...it's good to see that puns are alive and well in Japan too. : )

Sayonara! (Now that one I know I spelled correctly!)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: DanShep Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4802 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/20/1999 9:16 PM

If I've toed you once, I've toed you again...

Whenever there is a chance to make a pun, you just sneaker in. Boot you do rise to the occasion.

Well, that's it for now. Just thought I would sandle little note off to you.

Disney Dan
(always under foot)

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4803 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/20/1999 9:20 PM
Well, that's it for now. Just thought I would sandle little note off to you.

Thanks, Dan! You really pumped me up with that.

I knew you weren't a loafer.

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: JPLenny Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4804 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/20/1999 9:24 PM
Ohayo Gozaimasu, Lenny!

I know I botched up the spelling, but I'm hoping I impressed you anyway

I'm impressed...that's more than I knew when I first got here.

Ther first phrase I learned was "O'toiday wa doku desu ka?" (where the toilet>)

Send was, "Beeru kudasai" (Beer Please)

Yep...you see where my priorities were :-)

My biggest problem now is that is I say something in Japanese, they assume I'm 110% fluent and rattle of phrases faster than a speeding bullet train, so I end up using english half the time.

The other problem I have is that my mind will through words from the 3 years of German I took year ago. When I'm trying to answer, I have to stop myself from speaking in a form of broken english/german/japanese.

Lenny
90% Illiterate in several languages

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4805 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/20/1999 9:28 PM
Ther first phrase I learned was "O'toiday wa doku desu ka?" (where the toilet>)

Oh, when we were in Japan, my wife asked this question in English. We were visiting a supermarket (and are they beautiful in Japan!!) and was directed to where it was.

And was she surprised to find that the ladies room was merely a hole in the floor!!

Made for great conversation though. : )

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: DanShep Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4806 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/20/1999 9:38 PM
So Tony.

Huarache going to do the rest of the evening?

Maybe I will go to the kitchen and find some cobbler.

Disney Dan

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4809 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/21/1999 12:10 AM
And was she surprised to find that the ladies room was merely a hole in the floor!!

Aka the 'bomb sight' potty.

Raggmopp

Author: TMFJeanie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4810 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/21/1999 12:22 AM

Far cry from the Iomega bathroom she has now, right?

Of course, Tony, if you had held onto that stock another year, you could now 'afford' to give her a Japanese replica bathroom instead.

Jeanie

Author: TMFJeanie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4811 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/21/1999 12:28 AM

I could say that the only safe sox is a dead yankee.

But that would be cruel.

So I won't say it.

Jeanie

Author: FiddleDeeDee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4819 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/21/1999 8:46 AM
Just be sure to practice safe sox

Hmmm...safe sox.

Perhaps that's where Dr. Scholls pads come in.

You know, for the agony of da feet.

(now that's a pun with sole!)

...wasn't that a heel of a thing to say?

...I think they're sole-d at Mickey D's, the Golden Arches.

<giggle> Dan, Tony - Stop! You're killing me!

<giggle>

Andrea :D

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4829 of 86527
Subject: Re: I'm Back Date: 10/21/1999 3:48 PM
Of course, Tony, if you had held onto that stock another year, you could now 'afford' to give her a Japanese replica bathroom instead.

Oy! Is that ever right!

Had we held on to that stock, we sure wouldn't be feeling flush at all!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement