Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jtallenmd Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8147  
Subject: I'm getting trounced Date: 8/25/2006 11:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
But I don't think it is because I have picked bad stocks, just volatile stocks.

I keep telling myself that the reason I am getting trounced is that my CAPS portfolio is now a little more than a day old and that the stocks I have picked I picked with a long term perspective.

Still, it makes me wonder if this game doesn't reward day traders--at least initially.

I have every hope that my score will pick up over time since my CAPS portfolio pretty closely matches my real life portfolio. My real life portfolio is also down today, but is up 38% overall. The difference is that my biggest winners (Apple-up 831%, Adobe-up 153%, Garmin-up 95%, and Trimble-up 100%) were all added to my real portfolio several years ago, whereas they were added to my CAPS portfolio just yesterday.

I keep reminding me I'm here to win the marathon, not the first mile.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jtallenmd Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1879 of 8147
Subject: Re: I'm getting trounced Date: 8/25/2006 11:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I keep reminding me I'm here to win the marathon, not the first mile.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

It should have been "I keep reminding myself..." Where is that edit key when you need it????

Author: kbedwards Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1881 of 8147
Subject: Re: I'm getting trounced Date: 8/25/2006 11:59 AM
" Where is that edit key when you need it????"

I have asked for this on several occasions. It sure would prevent a lot of needless posts.

Author: TMFJester Big red star, 1000 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1882 of 8147
Subject: Re: I'm getting trounced Date: 8/25/2006 12:02 PM
Recommendations: 3

I have asked for this on several occasions. It sure would prevent a lot of needless posts.

It's right there on the "preview reply" page. Preview, edit, repeat as necessary, then submit. ;-)

Author: kbedwards Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1883 of 8147
Subject: Re: I'm getting trounced Date: 8/25/2006 12:10 PM
"It's right there on the "preview reply" page."

BOOOOOOOOOO!

:)

Author: jtallenmd Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1889 of 8147
Subject: Re: I'm getting trounced Date: 8/25/2006 12:41 PM

It's right there on the "preview reply" page. Preview, edit, repeat as necessary, then submit. ;-)

Maybe the "Submit Reply" button on the "Post Reply" page should take you to the "Preview Reply" page instead of allowing you to post directly from the "Post Reply" page. Or, maybe they should take the "Submit Reply" button from the "Post Reply" page and leave just the "Preview Reply" button and the "Cancel Reply" button. The "Submit Reply" button would then appear only on the "Preview Reply" page.

Just a thought.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement