Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 13
I'm glad Dr. Mann filed this lawsuit. It's been long overdue. For years, the Denialist Industry has been charging data manipulation, fraud and all manner of scientific misconduct. Missing from all that opprobrium were actual facts.

The slanders have been egregious. Simberg and Steyn went way over the top in their characterizations of Dr. Mann. For those interested in understanding the issues, here's the text of the actual complaint:

http://legaltimes.typepad.com/files/michael-mann-complaint.p...

It's high time the slanderers are brought into court to explain to a jury their "basis" for all these accusations. I, personally, want to learn what data they thought were manipulated and abused.

What's been absolutely ignored in all this faux "controversy" is the fact that Mann's work has been investigated by a number of scientific and governmental bodies. It's not just a matter of what Penn State did or did not. The slanderers ignore the fact all these independent reviews and investigations did not ununcover anything warranting the repeated slanders against Dr. Mann in particular and the scientific community in general.

Eight committees investigated the allegations and published reports, finding no evidence of fraud or scientific misconduct:

University of East Anglia
House of Commons Science and Technology Committee
Science Assessment Panel
Pennsylvania State University
Independent Climate Change Email Review
United States Environmental Protection Agency report
Inspector General of the U.S. Department of Commerce
National Science Foundation

This Wiki entry provides a fairly thorough summary of the issues, the reviews/investigations and the conclusions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_co...

Even so, and despite all this, the Denialists continue denying, the slanderers continue slandering and the obfuscationists continue obfuscating.

I hope they get their day in court to explain to a jury what they "know" that all these other reviewers/investigators don't.

I'm beyond disgusted by the shameful and despicable antics of the Denialist Industry.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement