No. of Recommendations: 63
Catchy subject, huh? I wanted to get everyone's attention to this post.

As many of you know, I have had my share of rants and raves on this board during my 8 months of unemployment. I have also tried to offer helpful suggestions and words of encouragement to my fellow unemployed Fools. I have found new friends on this board and that has helped me throughout my job searching ordeal.

I'm (finally) starting a new job on Monday morning!!

Got the call today that my drug screen and background checks were AOK. Federal Express showed up this morning with my written offer letter. I've accepted a position with a Boston-based Fortune 500 firm (ranked 218) as a Manager of their Global Data Warehouse - Supply Chain organization.

This is a position which is in their "Executive Compensation" program with will provide me with stock options and bonuses. They have started me at the "control point" of the salary range - which was about 15K MORE than I thought the position was paying.

Not only that, but I worked at this company 20 years ago for 5 years and they are adding that service back to my seniority date which will affect eligibility for pension and certain perks. I also worked for this company as a contractor recently and they are considering adding that 1.5 years onto my service also!!

I cannot believe that this offer and compensation package is so good! This must mean that I'll really have to do some serious work!

Anyway, I got news of the position from inside contacts and went through 7 interviews for the position. I have been quitely waiting to hear, as it has taken over 2 months for the offer to finally materialize, but now that it has, it is a wonderful feeling!

This will be my first "real" job in over 15 years, as I have been an "Independent Contractor" for quite awhile. I am really looking forward to not having to pay for my health care, life insurance and long term disability insurance any longer!

The position is also in an area of the business that I know little about. Global Supply Chain is a challenging area, and this will be excellent for my resume - not that I plan on leaving. My plan is to retire from this company (if all goes well).

Well, that's my good news for today. I've been waiting to tell, but wanted to make sure all came through. I do not think I'll be able to read or post as much now, as I'm sure I'll be very busy. To those who are still looking, don't give up hope, and keep working those contacts - after 8 months it worked for me - it'll work for you, too!

Cheers! (Off to have a few drinks!)
'38Packard
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement