No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm leaving politics out of this. Letting yourself be swayed by your politcal opinions is a great way to cause you to do stupid sub-optimal things with your money.

I appreciate your hopeful POV, Ray, but the current era of the United States is different. Even Rome, the most magnificent era in human history, didn't last.

Are we like Rome yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKde_mKW-5I

Did you read that California has passed legislation to allow non-citizens, including illegal aliens, to obtain a drivers license, monitor polling places, serve on juries and become lawyers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/21/us/california-leads-in-exp...

Comments on the article said: Which part of the Constitution is California trashing? They [non-citizens] may be breaking a federal statute, but they're not "trashing the Constitution". All I see is "We the people of the United States of America." It says "people," not "citizens."

With sentiments like that, this country is lost. We no longer have rules and regulations by which we live. Politicians change the laws to suit their needs. The nataion's moral compass is gone. There is no right or wrong. Every behavior is accepted and valued. What difference does it make what California does? It will be met with apathy and tolerance by the people.

Ignoring the political climate in this country is stupid as well, in my opinion, as if the U.S. economy will continue on in the future as well as it has in the past.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement