Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm not sure about investing in the US. I can tell you how it goes in France however...

Just mention that you are not a US-resident, and therefore do not pay taxes there. You may be asked to prove that you pay taxes in another country. You will receive before year-end an income statement, that you are then supposed to include in your Peruvian tax stuff.

My take: you don't want to pay these taxes, do you? You can always 'forget' to give them to your countrie's IRS-equivalent. I'm a bad person, I know, I know
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.