Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm only 36, and I currently have a sizable amount in my company's 401k. I've been with the same company for 13 years now, so I don't have a "former employer 401k".
Now that I've gotten myself started in stocks with joining MDP, and contemplating the new SN, I need funds to truly make decent portfolios in them.

Are you contributing more to your 401(k) that required to maximize employer matching? If so, consider redirecting that excess to either an IRA (Roth if you qualify) or a regular taxable investment account. That would give you cash to invest as you see fit.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.