No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm really not concerned with what you do with your pool and never stated anything remotely like that. You claimed that pool liability insurance was not required and I simply pointed out that it probably is and you just don't know about it. Why do you think you needed to report it to your insurance agent? If they weren't charging you for it, it wouldn't matter.

I reported it because I want to limit my potential exposure to liability. I checked with the agent to see if the pool was covered by the current policy or if I needed a special rider or additional liability insurance. I was told that the current policy would cover the cost and my premium would not change. I never said not to check with your agent. All I'm saying is that there is not an automatic premium increase due to adding a pool.

As for pool liability insurance being required, it isn't. It a condition of the mortgage loan. Once the house mortgage is paid in full, what regulation could you cite that would prevent me from dropping all coverage on my house if I choose to do so?

Since you like making comparison to auto insurance, why do I need full coverage on my vehicle? I don't since I don't owe anything on my vehicle. But when there was a loan, the loan company made sure I was carrying full coverage.

PSU
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement