UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: dsemmler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75887  
Subject: Re: Non-Deductible IRA contributions Date: 3/4/2004 11:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm seeking out info and opinions regarding contributing to a traditional IRA even if I can't take the deduction. My ROTH's are fully funded, my wife is maxed on her 401k and my employer has a noncontributory P/S plan.

Can I still contribute to my traditional IRA?

If you have fully funded a Roth IRA, you cannot make any additional contributions to an IRA account for that tax year. You are limited to a total contribution of $3000 ($3500 age permitting) across all IRA accounts.

If you have additional money you want to invest, a taxable account is probably the way to go. If you follow a LTBH strategy in your taxable account, you will reduce the tax impact to some degree.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.