Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: eudaimon6 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 38487  
Subject: I'm sorry, but this is where I go Date: 10/2/2012 9:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 15
at times like these.

Went to Boston. Spent a mostly wonderful weekend with a dear friend. Today is livestrong day. This is her facebook status.

I am a triathlete who has fought pancreatic cancer 2 years ago. Lance was my role model for returning to athletics after cancer treatment. I just found out that I have recurrance of my cancer. Iam planning to battle it again with treatment and look forward to training and racing again next year after the fight!!!

www.pancan.org

Please send a note to your Senators asking them to support research.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PipneyJane Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34196 of 38487
Subject: Re: I'm sorry, but this is where I go Date: 10/3/2012 9:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I really wish your friend luck. And I hope, somewhere along her journey, they find a treatment that will help her live for a very, very long time.

Please support your friend so that she doesn't give up hope. Hope will be so important in her battle. Help her to remember that her diagnosis isn't the end of her life and that she should live to the full whatever days she has left.

There was a very inspiring British woman, Jane Tomlinson, who raised hundreds of thousands of Pounds for cancer research in the seven years after she'd been told that her breast cancer had returned, it was terminal and she had less than six months to live. Here is her obituary: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2585103.stm Somehow, I imagine your friend to be very like Jane.

- Pam

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement