Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 81743  
Subject: Re: Remembering the Colonel Date: 9/29/2005 6:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 37
I'm speechless. I sat here just rereading Bill's post, and having difficulty accepting it.

This is the one problem with a community such as this. Relationships are formed, friendships are bonded. We forget that we often sit at our keyboards typing with a semblance of anonymity, and through words, we create memories and add to our store of new people we come to care about. But as with any community where people build friendships, it's inevitable that there will come those painful times when we lose one of our own.

I've unfortunately experienced this too many times now in the 10 years of posting here at the Fool. The friendships I've formed are too numerous to count, and each is one has become something so valuable. The Colonel is certainly among this group.

The Colonel's personality, good nature, and incomparable style set him apart from the crowd. He was so quick to welcome any newcomer, so ready to offer his thoughts in his helpful and oft times downright hysterical voice. While his writing could take extra effort to decipher (especially for us Northerners!), that was part of his charm. His individuality. His presence.

It saddens me terribly that we've lost a dear friend here today. But it gives me joy to think of the lives he's touched and how his memory will live on because of it. I'm proud that he chose this particular venue to leave his mark, as the motto of The Motley Fool is to Amuse, Educate and Enrich. The Colonel did all of this.

I will miss this Fool.

Colonel, I salute you, Sir.

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement