Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: kelbon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19752  
Subject: I'm starting to itch. Date: 2/12/2013 10:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 15
I'm starting to itch… and sneeze. Soon I'm going to have to avoid Value Hounds entirely.

It's bad enough that Denny has turned into a felinophile and persists in posting links to cats dressed as sea captains, or whatever. But, now there's references to "value hounds and kitties" popping up; embedded in posts, like little land mines, to catch readers unawares.

As one who is, through no fault of my own, (physically) allergic to cats, please have some sensitivity to the afflicted and all the fellow silent sufferers out there.

Though… perhaps I'm just projecting and should be taking it out on the hounds instead. During the night the dog managed to open my glasses' case with her paws and chewed, scratched, and mutilated my glasses. I came down stairs in the morning to a scene from the Battleship Potemkin. I called the optometrist. They (at the optometrist's) thought it very funny (laugh out load) and assured me it was a touching expression of love and devotion on the dog's part. Apparently, there are scent glands just above, or behind, each ear and she (the dog) just wanted to be close to me. I told her (the optometrist) I would try and bear this in mind while I was beating her (the dog). Is it possible to get a glasses case with a combination lock? For just $512 I can have a replacement pair in a week.

And, all this has just made me realize that those periodic complaints of how offensive my style can be and that I'm an "arrogant horses behind" etc. are really expressions of love and people are just trying to get close to me :) Ahh, that's better.

kelbon
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Ubiquiti Analysis
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement