Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm still here. Didn't know who would still be trolling around after the Fool announcement. Lots of things have happened recently to me, of which I won't get into much more than quick details now, and will post more later when I have more time...

Lakies, how would I have known? I had no idea. Not that I thought you were homme (that right? my French is rusty) per say, just didn't have a clue...

9/11 hit harder psychologically than anything else. I'm one of the many that are afraid to fly now...always have been, but moreso now.

It did not, however, keep me from flying to the Carribean for my honeymoon. Melanie and I were happily married on Oct 6. :-)

It nearly ended though. In mid Dec, she went into the hospital for a simple procedure to help her eat...the valve at the top of her stomach does not open correctly. It ended up tearing a small hole in her esophagus. Later the next day (she had been admitted to the hospital), stomach acid blew out the hole into her chest. This is an extremely rare case. The hole happens less than 5% of the time, and leakage into the chest happens in less than 5% of those cases. The doctor that originally worked there does 75 of these per year, has since '86, and this is the first time such a thing has happened to one of his patients.

Her lung collapsed, and she now has a ten inch scar where they had to open her up to clean her out and close the hole. She was in the SICU for more than a week, on a ventilator for four days. It was one of the most horrible things I've ever been through, and without a doubt the scariest.

Happily she is doing great. Still some discomfort, and she cannot get the muscles in her side working quite yet, but she is out of danger and we are living a mostly normal life at this point.

Both of us really enjoy our jobs, and our bosses have been nothing but supportive through this whole thing, which was wonderful.

More later if need be. For now, I've got to hit the sack. Tomorrow's a big day! Hope to see some of you around here even after they start charging. If not...shoot me an email if you'd like! I'm always available! :-)

Chris
psu_asskicker@hotmail.com
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement