Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PucksFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 9947  
Subject: I'm sure this is the public schools' fault. Date: 9/14/2012 4:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-...
When an educational complex in Lauderdale Lakes announced it was permanently closing, parents said they should have seen it coming.

They tell stories of how their students had been doing little to no school work and dealt with a disorganized curriculum at Eagle Charter Academy and SMART Charter School in Lauderdale Lakes.

The two schools, situated at 3020 NW 33 Ave., are run by the same management company, Broward school district officials said. The schools announced they were permanently closing Friday, days after another charter school in Tamarac had closed its doors, district officials said. The move has displaced throngs of students.

PF
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rbednarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9729 of 9947
Subject: Re: I'm sure this is the public schools' fault. Date: 9/14/2012 4:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I'm sure that you are drawing the wrong lesson from this. The real lesson is that when a charter fails it closes. When a public school fails it . . . . . . just keeps on going.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement