UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: malcosh One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 883702  
Subject: Re: Frugally great skin Date: 8/10/2002 3:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm weighing in late on this one, but I love pampering myself with essential oils. I agree with everyone who noted that you shouldn't use the essential oils undiluted. I usually use avocado or almond oil, which I get at a local health food store instead of olive oil. They don't smell as strongly as olive oil, so you can enjoy the scent of the 1-2 drops of whichever essential oils you add. I would use the epsom salts if I wanted to have a relaxing bath and sea salt if I was using it as a scrub.

Almond and avocado oils also make excellent massage oils. I don't recommend using mineral oil as it doesn't soak in very well. The almond and avocado oils are better for your skin. I mixed up one with lavendar, rosemary and citrus and placed it by the bed for pampering my DH.

Also: Hair conditioners: I like to add coconut oil when I'm doing my hair. It leaves your hair really soft and shiny and smells great.

Footbaths/home pedicure: I have been having a great time with my mom and some girlfriends having weekend footbaths. We make a footbath with hot water from the tap, a tiny bit of dishsoap, a couple drops of essential oils, some flowers/herbs from the garden and a couple of drops of vitamin E oil. We put it all in a large baking dish and take it out into the back yard with our wine and then soak our feet. It's really relaxing. Then we give each other a pedicure on those clean, soft feet. Throwing in petals from a rose and some mint leaves or leaves from the lemon tree puts it over the top.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement