Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Imagine a 5 star stock has a poor earnings report, and sentiment changes due to an overreaction and the stock gets pushed down into 4 star territory.

As much as I would like to think the intelligent (I hope) CAPS community would keep a 5 star stock at 5 stars after a bad earnings report, there does seem to be alot more momentum investors playing CAPS than contrarian-minded people. A good business is supposed to be less risky the lower its stock drops.

This is just one example but I was disappointed to see Netflix a one star stock on 10/23 and then jump to 3 stars AFTER the excellent earnings report, which shot the stock up 20% the next day.

hmmmm...one star at $22; three stars at $27. That's just not right.

John
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement