No. of Recommendations: 0
IMHO you're limited in your options because of the ties you've got to the geographical location you are in and I must say sadly there are soo may better opportunities for you out there in other states/regions (if you're in CT perhaps you may want to consider a state further South along the I-95 corridor which are and will be experiencing great price appreciation due to demand, family formation, Baby Boomer retirement/migration and milder climate).

My brother is going to relocate to AZ from greater NYC area, even though all of our family is there; my wife and I will relocate in the next few years to either NC or FL, all in the pursuit of providing a better life for our family (there is much research data out there spelling it all out over the long term and what the impact of future demographics, supply and demand, new family formation and availability of entitled land will be on all of us).

I believe that most families with young children concerned with relocating out of state do thier homework and look at all factors relating to the new community including education, safety, jobs, etc. and ultimately some do chose to take that step forward and others mey feel the familiy ties/proximity as the final tiebreaker when deciding.

IMHO my first and foremost responsibility is with my wife and kids and I do always consider what's best for us as a family; leaving such decisions to other more distant family members/emotions may not properly reflect or lead to a well reasoned decision.
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement