No. of Recommendations: 3
http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=48373...

While the al Qaeda attack was largely ineffective, as it took hours for them to succeed in killing Americans there, the US response was worse as no return fire was ever offered, not even as a warning.

Which raises the question, why didn't someone do something?

The answer of course, is in the White House. President Obama, too timid to offend his fragile alliances with Libya and other Middle-Eastern states, simply refused to give permission to protect the Americans who were doing his work in Libya.

Politics trumped American lives.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have already said it and I will say it again. I think Obama, like he did in going after Bin Laden, struggled to make a call and ultimately by the time he was ready it was too late.

He has been asked at least two times that I know of what orders did you give to save American lives in Libya and he would NOT answer both times.
Yep. He got his 03:00 call, and he predictably failed.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Do you think you should wait until after the inauguration to begin impeachment proceedings? Or just get it out of the way during this calendar year?

Peter
Do you think you should wait until after the inauguration to begin impeachment proceedings? Or just get it out of the way during this calendar year?

Getting it out of the way now will give extra time for Joe Biden to move into the White House .....

Bears
No. of Recommendations: 1
Politics trumped American lives.

Like THAT has never happened before.

Bush 41 refusing armor in Somalia leading to Blackhawk Down.

Reagan and weak security leading to the Beiruit Marine barracks bombing.

Carter's failed rescue attempt leaving our finest dead in the desert.

Bay of Pigs ring a bell?

How many died in El Salvador where politics took priority over lives? Nicaragua - Iran/Contra? HELLO?!?!

Pretty strong evidence out there FDR wink wink wink pretty much let wink wink wink Pearl Harbor get bombed (or we were utterly, totally, and completely incompetent)

Vietnam era POWs/MIAs still unaccounted for?

Oh no - the current Administration apparently just feckin' invented this concept. We've never abandoned our citizens or let them die for a larger political picture.

Nope, nope, nope, nope.

The hypocrisy is sickening.

Excellent sarcasm. Have a rec.

We'll survive Obummer. It's all part of the process.

IMO, the Democrats are at an absolute peak right now, and power is still evenly divided when you look at the whole picture including state governments. I'm still optimistic that the silent majority will prevail. We just have to be patient.
Pretty strong evidence out there FDR wink wink wink pretty much let wink wink wink Pearl Harbor get bombed (or we were utterly, totally, and completely incompetent)

So, if this is true, it would not have been an impeachable offense? I really don't get your outrage.

Now, you might say Benghazi is not enough, and I would agree if it were an isolated incident.
"The hypocrisy is sickening."

Your post misses the point. It's always about the cover-up.

After refusing to help the embassy during the firefight, at the time believing it was a reaction to the video, did the WH orchestrate a cover-up after, later, realizing it had been an Al Qaeda terrorist attack?
After all, it would have been an enormous black eye, coming just ahead of the election, if it had been confirmed that the CIA was told to stand down and do nothing in the face of an attack from our mortal enemy.

I don't know if this is what happened but it is the idiotic cover-ups that usually do the most damage, rather than the event itself.

Peter

---------------------------------------------------

....I say lets get it out of the way this calendar year.:) - Carol
....I say lets get it out of the way this calendar year.:) - Carol

Now that I think about it, that could be a big mistake. A constitutional scholar (such as BHO) might insist that you have to impeach the person who was elected and serving. Impeaching the person who currently holds the job would only shorten the term by a couple of months. Since an impeached/removed President can be elected again (unless specifically barred), one might argue that indeed Pres. Obama HAD been elected again, and would have to be impeached all over again in the second term.

Better to wait until after the second inaugural IMHO.

Peter
....I would rather impeach him twice.:) - Carol
....I would rather impeach him twice.:) - Carol

Do you own a pair of high-heel black boots?

Peter
If I were planning to file an impeachment resolution against Obama, I wouldn't rush the job. I'd make damn sure I had enough evidence on him that I could make it stick, and until I had that evidence, I would not file the resolution.
If I were planning to file an impeachment resolution against Obama, I wouldn't rush the job. I'd make damn sure I had enough evidence on him that I could make it stick, and until I had that evidence, I would not file the resolution.

But you aren't an insane tea partier. Those people are so convinced that Obama is guilty they can't possibly imagine that anyone would need real evidence.

It doesn't work that way. The process is more protracted, with the question at every point being whether there is enough to continue moving forward.
Do you own a pair of high-heel black boots?

Peter

-----------------------------------------------

....Of course I do. - Carol
....Of course I do. - Carol

Figured.

Peter
Something read on the Internet is not evidence Brucie. Neither is MUS.
Advertisement