Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MattMiler Two stars, 250 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 36  
Subject: Implied Volitility Way Up - Just Wrote Calls Date: 7/24/2000 4:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This was an incredible day on very positive news (below) but the fundamental story of this stock has not yet improved where I'm comfortable holding for a long period of time. I wrote October 10 calls on my 400 shares at 3:45pm and received a premium (after commision) worth 27.1% of my shares. Not a bad return for 3 months of non-work.

I bought XICO in early May as a contrarian play. Estimate revision trends are lousy, so I'm taking the opportunity to drop my position. If I get sold out of these shares on October 17th, I'll have a 71% gain over a 22 week period. I can live with that....

- Matt

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/000724/ca_xicor.html
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jetstream1103 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35 of 36
Subject: Re: Implied Volitility Way Up - Just Wrote Calls Date: 9/14/2000 11:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Mattmiler-
Do you have enough new numbers to revise your Inherent Value calculations. Since this is now your #1 stock followed, what do you see for Q3 EPS. Feel free to share you thoughts here and on the Yahoo Finance board. You'll find some worthy and appropriately foolish analysts there.

jet

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement