No. of Recommendations: 14
... is the name of this board. Am I correct in assuming that the main focus here is to make suggestions to TMF to improve and make better this site?
Here is my suggestion for improvement, take it for what it is worth... TMF, It is time to admit you are wrong in the way the 6 issue was handled. It is time to make right your actions in this matter. This is an issue that as you can see WILL NOT go away by ignoring it. There are already very bitter feelings that are just getting worse and the bottom line is this... If something isn't done quickly, in less than six months the only ones posting here will have a "TMF" prefix to their user name. Ain't nobody gonna pay to be on a board that doesn't treat its users equally. The boards have already become alot less fun to be on than they were a year ago. Its only gonna get worse if you thumb your nose up to what is the right thing to do.

Caveking6
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Author: CaveKing Date: 8/26/02 5:29 PM Number: 39613
...Ain't nobody gonna pay to be on a board that doesn't treat its users equally....

CaveKing:

As of just now, my unscientific/low-tech poll proved otherwise, excluding "OTHERS", 47% are still LIKELY to continue paying for board access:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17730708

30% (21 Votes)
I'm comped and will LIKELY continue to pay at least 1 more year

25% (18 Votes)
I'm comped and will UNLIKELY continue to pay at least 1 more year

17% (12 Votes)
I'm NOT comped and will LIKELY continue to pay at least 1 more year

14% (10 Votes)
I'm NOT comped and will UNLIKELY continue to pay at least 1 more year

14% (10 Votes)
OTHERS

This cross-board post last Friday on this board was of course being pulled although I think it can help TMF a bit to gauge how Fools feel as of now.

CHEERS,
--H
not really convinced this poll is O/T for this board but not really care anymore (is it a good or bad sign?) if it's pulled
No. of Recommendations: 0
>> 30% (21 Votes)
I'm comped and will LIKELY continue to pay at least 1 more year

17% (12 Votes)
I'm NOT comped and will LIKELY continue to pay at least 1 more year <<

I bet most of these are the people who don't know the 6 story. Maybe we should start another poll for those familiar with it...

No. of Recommendations: 35
It is time to admit you are wrong in the way the 6 issue was handled. It is time to make right your actions in this matter. This is an issue that as you can see WILL NOT go away by ignoring it.

The banishment of 6 is not exactly comparable to the infringement of the civil liberties of blacks during the days of Jim Crow. Why the big, damned fuss? Why don't you Don and Donna Quixotes put your time and energy into something worthwhile? Like, give your dog a flea bath, or something comparable.

No. of Recommendations: 8

It is time to admit you are wrong in the way the 6 issue was handled. It is time to make right your actions in this matter. This is an issue that as you can see WILL NOT go away by ignoring it.
////////
The banishment of 6 is not exactly comparable to the infringement of the civil liberties of blacks during the days of Jim Crow. Why the big, d****d fuss?

i think if you had any friends here you'd understand.

Why don't you Don and Donna Quixotes put your time and energy into something worthwhile? Like, give your dog a flea bath, or something comparable.

*i* don't miss 6 in the least, but can imagine how i'd feel if
one of my Friends had been treated in the manner alleged in this case.

(hurt and angry)

(surprised it hasn't gone so far that *allowing* 6 back would be
insufficient..... if it were *me*, tmf would have to beg at this point)

=x
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Why don't you Don and Donna Quixotes put your time and energy into something worthwhile?"

Yes - perhaps like complaining about how other autonomous individuals determine their priorities and what matters to them.

Sounds like a good use of time to me!

Dean
>> The banishment of 6 is not exactly comparable to the infringement of the civil liberties of blacks during the days of Jim Crow <<

You must have missed something. We were talking about 6. Civil liberty infringements of people before TMF are completely irrelevant
HedonstiX,

As of just now, my unscientific/low-tech poll proved otherwise, excluding "OTHERS", 47% are still LIKELY to continue paying for board access:

Which is, I believe by some 20%, more staying than those likely to leave.

And your post is still on the board.

Harry

I bet most of these are the people who don't know the 6 story.

Not necessarily true.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Klash,
who said that?

Subject: Improve the Fool...
Author: CaveKing Date: 8/26/02 5:29 PM Number: 39613

The boards have already become alot less fun to be on than they were a year ago. Its only gonna get worse if you thumb your nose up to what is the right thing to do.

Caveking6

You don't appear very sincere in your conviction

Author: hokieharry Date: 8/26/02 7:24 PM Number: 39636
...And your post is still on the board.....
_________

Maybe the poll is not O/T even for this board, after all ... the original one still stays at Current Events.

It certainly didn't infringe any copyright, is not offensive, does not contain profanities, etc.

CHEERS,
--H

No. of Recommendations: 4
"If something isn't done quickly, in less than six months the only ones posting here will have a "TMF" prefix to their user name."

I think a lot of social posters might leave...other than that, I think most people that post on stock boards are not even aware of what is going on.Maybe the limited recs and banning of posters is a move toward making the Fool a financial site first.

Just an observation...no need to get uptight.

J.P.
No. of Recommendations: 9
<<The banishment of 6 is not exactly comparable to the infringement of the civil liberties of blacks during the days of Jim Crow. Why the big, damned fuss? Why don't you Don and Donna Quixotes put your time and energy into something worthwhile? Like, give your dog a flea bath, or something comparable.
>>

It's not just a couple of people who feel this way, just because we don't say something about it everday doesn't mean we accept what TMF did to 6 so since we still have free speech in this country (at least I think so, never got around to reading today's paper) why don't you let them voice their opinion if it makes them feel better and go give your own dog a flea bath.

You can always ignore a thread you don't agree with you know.

Kathy6
No. of Recommendations: 6
The banishment of 6 is not exactly comparable to the infringement of the civil liberties of blacks during the days of Jim Crow.

Duh. Did someone make this ridiculous comparison, other than you? (I haven't read the whole thread.)

Why the big, damned fuss?

(a) Because we miss our girl.
(b) Because her knockout diminishes the value proposition of this service we pay for.
(c) Because elements of it seem capricious or unfair. (6 wuz framed!!!! ;-)

Why don't you Don and Donna Quixotes put your time and energy into something worthwhile? Like, give your dog a flea bath, or something comparable.

I already scheduled the vet appt for Friday evening, thanks; also set up this year's fantasy football league for my nearer friends. Still got some actual WORK to do, but registering my request for 6' reinstatement takes but a moment.
Caveking6
==============================

I don't understand. Is the "6" somehow an indication of insincerity? Or are you making a different point, that I'm missing?

jh,

I don't understand. Is the "6" somehow an indication of insincerity? Or are you making a different point, that I'm missing?

Adding the 6 to your nom de plum was to indicate that you supported 6 and her position in this sorrowful affair.

Why CaveKing hasn't followed thru was the only question I implied.

Harry

------------------------

Money talks... words are just words so the results won't really be in until people actually pay for service.

Just saying...

CaveGirl
Author: CaveGirl Date: 8/27/02 10:43 AM Number: 39686
Money talks... words are just words so the results won't really be in until people actually pay for service.

Agreed!
That's why the options of the poll are "LIKELY", those 47% can swiftly change to DEFINITELY YES or DEFINITELY NO on the deadline.

CHEERS,
--H
LIKELY NOT as of now

Like, give your dog a flea bath, or something comparable.

-----------------------

I don't own a dog and there is nothing comparable to giving one a flea bath.

CaveGirl
p.s. the bird is an option but he bites when I bathe him
No. of Recommendations: 3
Adding the 6 to your nom de plum was to indicate that you supported 6 and her position in this sorrowful affair.

Why CaveKing hasn't followed thru was the only question I implied.

Harry

---------------------------

Just because someone fails to change their name on a permanent basis doesn't mean that they don't support that person. Some of us worked hard to come up with our monikers and aren't willing to change them...

However, we still support what we believe in through posting... 6 understands...

CaveGirl
Just saying...
===*===

Will you be leaving, Cavey?

Raggmopp
Stayin'

Raggmopp
Stayin'

--------------------

For the moment I stay... I have until 2005...

CaveGirl
>> Caveking6
==============================

I don't understand. Is the "6" somehow an indication of insincerity? Or are you making a different point, that I'm missing? <<

Good. It wasn't just me. I worked a long day yesterday, and his replies were not making alot of sense, so I left ITF early thinking maybe it was just me. Nice to know it wasn't... :)

Caveking6

Raggmopp
Stayin'

--------------------

For the moment I stay... I have until 2005...

CaveGirl

Tip toe thru the rain drops........
Tip toe thru the rain drops........

-----------------

That's supposed to be Tiptoe Through the Tulips... Tiny Tim would be soooooooo disappointed in you.

CaveGirl
No. of Recommendations: 33
I bet most of these are the people who don't know the 6 story. Maybe we should start another poll for those familiar with it...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and I'll probably be flamed and pboxed for it but oh well.

I am sick of hearing whining about 6.

The worst thing that has happened at TMF in the past two weeks is NOT that 6 was banned. The worst thing that has happened is that everyone is griping about it. TMF isn't going to let 6 come back just because people b!tc# about it, especially when they act like children while doing so.

I know I can't be the only one who is sick of this topic dominating every other conversation.

d
I miss dianakalt...

CaveGirl
No. of Recommendations: 9
The worst thing that has happened at TMF in the past two weeks is NOT that 6 was banned. The worst thing that has happened is that everyone is griping about it. TMF isn't going to let 6 come back just because people b!tc# about it, especially when they act like children while doing so.

While I can see how this would be annoying, I see it as a good thing.

First, it lets the TMF staffers know what is important to its customers. Sure, it can be a little annoying, but companies who ignore their customers die. I don't want to see that happen here.

Second, the people asking to have 6 reinstated are her friends. They are asking to have their friend back, and that to me is more important than annoying others with the requests. They are standing by a friend who is down. Mom used to say anybody can be your friend on the good days, but it takes a true friend to help you when you are down.

So let them complain. They improve the fool with their mere presence.

Ford
<<First, it lets the TMF staffers know what is important to its customers. Sure, it can be a little annoying, but companies who ignore their customers die. I don't want to see that happen here.

Second, the people asking to have 6 reinstated are her friends. They are asking to have their friend back, and that to me is more important than annoying others with the requests. They are standing by a friend who is down. Mom used to say anybody can be your friend on the good days, but it takes a true friend to help you when you are down.

Ford >>

Excellent post Ford...you hit the nail on the head!!!

Kathy6
===*===

So let 'em email Motley Management and improve this board via the silence. I'm not against them pleading their case, I just don't need to hear the barking at the hole every day.

Suggested Suggestion: Implement Plan 8½ From Outer Space.

Raggmopp
<<So let 'em email Motley Management and improve this board via the silence. I'm not against them pleading their case, I just don't need to hear the barking at the hole every day.

>>

Then skip the thread...we have the freedom to post what we want, you have the freedom to NOT read it...why keep harping on it? If you didn't care, you'd just ignore it. Is it a control thing? You just like telling people what to do or not do? Don't you have a freshly bathed, flea free dog you can boss around?

Kathy6...who is tired of being told to shush!
===*===

Hmmm, hoping you'd take the hint is out of the question, huh?

Raggmopp8½
<and oh yeah...shush!>
I'm not against them pleading their case, I just don't need to hear the barking at the hole every day.

This is obviously directed at me. Just the other night my wife was telling everyone who would listen that I wasn't trainable, and here you go and compare me to an untrainable dog. I suppose you'll be saying I'm worse than the kids, too.

Implement Plan 8½ From Outer Space.

Watch it, buddy, I'm wearing my tinfoil hat. I also have access to "tap" water.

-WRG

PS - I'm confident Twitty could make it "81 or so" with this post.
No. of Recommendations: 12
Then skip the thread...we have the freedom to post what we want. . .

Face reality. Your objective is push TMF management around. You don't give a hoot about 6 - she's only an adopted martyr.
HousefellonmySis Date: 8/27/02 3:53 PM Number: 39723

----------------------------------------

Hey Kathy6-

Howsabout Housefellonmysix (-;

Rich
-misses Lisa also.
Watch it, buddy, I'm wearing my tinfoil hat.
===*===

Who do you think you are, George W. Bush? : Þ

Raggmopp
<<So let 'em email Motley Management and improve this board via the silence. I'm not against them pleading their case, I just don't need to hear the barking at the hole every day.

>>

Then skip the thread...we have the freedom to post what we want, you have the freedom to NOT read it...why keep harping on it? If you didn't care, you'd just ignore it. Is it a control thing? You just like telling people what to do or not do? Don't you have a freshly bathed, flea free dog you can boss around?

OK, so:
shut up
cease and desist
be quiet
still thy tongue
shut the **** up
get a life

Is that better?

FORD,

Your thought are quite nice and eloquent. I can tell that 6 is one of your favorite Fools.

However, if repeating the same basic message for days on end is justified on friendship, think of the catastrophic happening that would occur if some of the most favored or most recommended members were banned.

I could envision a march on Alexandria. Led by CaveGirl, of course.

Harry

--------------------------

I don't march so well... I do know how to egg a house and string toilet paper all over someone's office so the possibility still exists...

CaveGirl
No. of Recommendations: 7

Harry

I'm envisioning the same thing, only Alexandria is a blonde and I wouldn't exactly call it marching.
Your thought are quite nice and eloquent.

That could be the first time anyone has said that.

I can tell that 6 is one of your favorite Fools.

I do like her posting, but I could have said much the same if jps were banned. I would respect the fact that others wanted their friend back.

However, if repeating the same basic message for days on end is justified on friendship, think of the catastrophic happening that would occur if some of the most favored or most recommended members were banned.

I think that this would only be correct. If that many people enjoyed the postings of that member the TMF would be doing a disservice to the posting community by removing him/her. Cavey has spent time in the thinking chair, and if she deseved it fine, but if she was removed forever I would be disheartened. The permanent removal of a friend is painful, and I see nothing wrong with speaking out.

Ford

While I can see how this would be annoying, I see it as a good thing.
First, it lets the TMF staffers know what is important to its customers. Sure, it can be a little annoying, but companies who ignore their customers die. I don't want to see that happen here.

at some point, it should be kinda obvious --TMF knows this is important,
has some sense of how important, and some idea of how many care.....

and their lack of response should tell you.... You are Not annoying, but you
are wasting your time.

you also imply that posters are customers important for TMF survival...... we don't
know that.

Second, the people asking to have 6 reinstated are her friends. They are asking to have their friend back, and that to me is more important than annoying others with the requests. They are standing by a friend who is down.

i wonder.......
we all create impressions of other posters based on different subsets of their
posts.... the '6' *i* knew is no longer down, she's moved on.
She is tougher than that.
(but perhaps you all are still in contact , and she is down.....
it is impressive to see such loyalty)

regardless of which,

So let them complain.

yup,
they're hurting no one but themselves.

-< x

Sis,

Before the house fall again....

What did you say?

why keep harping on it?

Yes, why?

Harry
Yes, why?

Harry

------------------

<6 year old mode>

I know you are but what am I?

6 year old mode>

No. of Recommendations: 13
If something isn't done quickly, in less than six months the only ones posting here will have a "TMF" prefix to their user name.

I will go out on a limb and say that this is will not be the case. I will be here six months from now. And if TMFers have some tax questions, I'll answer 'em. Frankly, I didn't know these banned posters existed until all of this started hitting the top rec lists. I suspect I am not the only one in this position.

This is an issue that as you can see WILL NOT go away by ignoring it.

But posters can go away by being ignored. Just like this. Goodbye. <click>

--Peter
But posters can go away by being ignored. Just like this. Goodbye. <click>

--Peter

Nice mustache. And those leather chaps are really working for you.
I am sick of hearing whining about 6.

I'm sorry it's an annoyance to you. I for one will definitely shut up about it when 6 is back, except for 1 short "thank you" post.

Jim
if repeating the same basic message for days on end is justified on friendship, think of the catastrophic happening that would occur if some of the most favored or most recommended members were banned.

Wait. Isn't that who was banned? "One of the most favored and most recommended..."?

Jim, confused by Harry
Face reality. Your objective is push TMF management around. You don't give a hoot about 6 - she's only an adopted martyr.

The silliest thing I've read on this board.

The silliest thing I've read on this board.

The night is young.
Jim,

I for one will definitely shut up about it when 6 is back

When do you think that will be?

Will anyone be here to welcome her back?

Harry
Jim, confused by Harry,

Wait. Isn't that who was banned? "One of the most favored and most recommended..."?

No, not at the time of the action.

Her recognition came post-mortem, I believe.

Harry
Her recognition came post-mortem, I believe.

Omigod! It sounds just like ... like ... a resurrection!

I had no idea the second coming would occur in my lifetime.
Just imagine the possibilities!

The numeral "6" will become a symbol of her crucifixion! Altars will be adorned with it! People will prostrate themselves before it, in humility and admiration, begging for mercy and salvation!

(What shall it be called? Sixianity?)

No. of Recommendations: 12
Just imagine the possibilities!

The numeral "6" will become a symbol of her crucifixion! Altars will be adorned with it! People will prostrate themselves before it, in humility and admiration, begging for mercy and salvation!

(What shall it be called? Sixianity?)

You should really leave this sort of thing to the professionals.

When TMF appears before your name you will be permitted to be pompous.

If I wanted to have the TMF in front of my name all the time I never would have created this stupid doppel.

Sarcasman
If I wanted to have the TMF in front of my name all the time I never would have created this stupid doppel.

Stupid is as stupid does.

- Forrest Gump -

So what is your excuse?

UKBB
So what is your excuse?

Objection, Your Honor!

The question assumes the existence of facts not in evidence.
Stupid is as stupid does.

- Forrest Gump -

So that explains it. I am pleased to make your acquaintance, Mr. Gump.
emschulze,

You mean like in Memphis for Elvis?

Sarcasman,

Now I'm confused.

Which one's the doppel?

Harry

<<
Face reality. Your objective is push TMF management around. You don't give a hoot about 6 - she's only an adopted martyr>>

If that's what you really think then I feel very sorry for you.

Kathy6
If that's what you really think then I feel very sorry for you.
===*===

Shush!
Advertisement